We use cookies to improve the browsing experience for you and others. If you would like to learn more about cookies please view our cookie policy. To accept cookies continue browsing as normal. Continue

Personal Injury Law > Accidents in public

Accidents in public places

93% of our Personal Injury clients regard our service as excellent

If you’ve had an accident in a public place then the first thing we need to establish is who might have responsibility for the accident location.

Quick Enquiry

If you would like any further information regarding personal injury law, please complete our short enquiry form below;

Injuries caused by an accident in a public place can vary from the modestly inconvenient to life changing. We all need to exercise caution and care in our daily life but sometimes accidents occur because of the fault or negligence of others. These kinds of accidents do sometimes happen in a public place. Local authorities have responsibility for the maintenance of highways and pavements including roads, kerb stones and even street furniture like the iron railings surrounding trees of the public seating areas in a pedestrian zone. Similarly seaside piers and parks and play areas will very often be maintained by the local authority, some examples of such accident locations are:

  • Roads and pavements
  • Pedestrian zones
  • Parks and public gardens  
  • Public swimming pools
  • Public play and picnic areas
  • Piers and walkways

If you have an accident in a public place and you sustain an injury, again the key question to ask is who has responsibility for the area in which you were injured? Generally speaking, the responsible person will be the owner or tenant of the building. They will have a responsibility at law to ensure that they have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that those premises are safe for visitors… that’s you! Some common examples of locations where an accident in a public place can happen are:

  • Supermarkets
  • Sports Stadia
  • Hospitals and offices
  • Shopping centres
  • Car parks
  • Cinemas and theatres
  • Car showrooms
  • Retail parks

Legal advice after an accident in a public place

If you have had an accident in a public place then talk to us. We need to establish how the accident has occurred and then establish who was at fault and who is liable. You need a Solicitor, a trained lawyer to fight your corner and here at Canter Levin and Berg we can promise that your case will be handled by a qualified Solicitor with expertise in personal injury cases. We will assess your accident and deal with it on a no win no fee basis, pursuing those responsible and to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available for your injuries and consequential losses.

We have been dealing with cases involving accidents in a public place for more than half a century and in that time we have helped thousands of people in similar situations to get the compensation they deserve. Call today on 0151 239 1180 to speak with a member of our personal injury claims department or fill in our online claim form and we will call you back.

Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Headway Head Injury Solicitor Law Society Accredited Personal Injury Solicitors The Spinal Injuries Association Lawyers Against Fraud